With a steady and calm approach, I help clients navigate the markets as a Certified Financial Planner™ professional and Certified Investment Management AnalystSM. I’m naturally curious and enjoy gathering knowledge about the markets and learning more about who clients are, which helps in designing custom financial plans. My designations are very relationship-driven, which adds an extra element of value to building client relationships and enhances the success of our process.
Since 1997, I’ve been an investment manager for The Starner Group of Raymond James, where I focus on investment planning, portfolio design and maintenance, and portfolio manager research. I carefully craft portfolios around a client’s goals and risk tolerance, fine-tuning them as circumstances change and new goals come into view. Our clients appreciate my ability to summarize market information into entertaining and informative insights – it tends to help keep their portfolios on track over the long term.
I launched my career in finance after earning a political science degree at the University of Michigan and a law degree from the University of Miami, which is not the typical path. It offers me a distinct perspective on wealth management.
I’ve been married for 20-plus years to my wife, Melissa. We are the proud parents of two sons, Dylan and Jesse, who are studying at the University of Michigan and making us proud. We cheer on the Wolverines as a family. I also enjoy golfing, especially when I’m out on the course with my sons and my clients.
MEMBERSHIPS + BOARDS
- Financial Planning Association member
- Florida Bar member
- University of Michigan Alumni Association member
- Mount Sinai Medical Center Foundation
- Young president (current)
DESIGNATIONS + DEGREES
- Juris Doctor
- This professional degree in law offers me an in-depth perspective on wealth management topics such as estate planning.
- Certified Financial Planner™ professional
- This is one of the most respected financial planning credentials among consumers and the recognized standard of excellence in personal financial planning.
- Certified Investment Management AnalystSM
- This certification entails extensive experience, education, examination and ethics requirements and signals the expertise needed to guide clients through complex financial challenges.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™, and in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Investments & Wealth Institute™ (The Institute) is the owner of the certification marks “CIMA®” and “Certified Investment Management Analyst℠.” Use of CIMA® and/or Certified Investment Management Analyst℠ signifies that the user has successfully completed The Institute's initial and ongoing credentialing requirements for investment management professionals.
Raymond James does not provide legal services. Please discuss these matters with the appropriate professional.
Investing involves risk and you may incur a profit or loss regardless of strategy selected.